Talk to your loved ones about their hearing concerns. Offer to support through their hearing journey including accessing professional treatment and advice. Be patient, hearing loss affects people differently and can take time to accept.
Use good communication strategies:
- Get the listener’s attention before you speak to them
- Speak clearly and at a natural pace, don’t shout
- Move closer and ensure your face is visible and well lit
- Reduce background noise, move somewhere quieter or reduce room noise where possible
- If talking in a group, speak one at a time
- Rephrase rather than repeat and don’t waffle